- American Eagle Shares Jump Despite Net, Sales Declines Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Target's Q2 Profits Drop; Lowers Full Year Guidance Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Europe's Markets Retreat Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Dot-Luxury Latest Domain Addition Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Bangladesh Govt. Files Case vs. Factory Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Wall Street Eyeing Elizabeth Arden Game Plan Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- U.S. Brands Named in Infringement Complaint at ITC Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Men's Wear Drives Up Apparel Prices in July Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Selfridges Robbers Sentenced in London Aug 20, 2014 Wednesday
- Aéropostale Stock Boosted by Geiger Return Aug 19, 2014 Tuesday
Earnings, revenue “beats” drive 12% increase in teen retailer’s shares.
The Bangladesh government's Inspector General has filed a case against Newtech Apparels Ltd. for failing to comply with an evacuation order.
Penske Media Buying WWD and Fairchild From Condé Nast
The transaction includes business-to-business brands Women’s Wear Daily, Beauty Inc., Footwear News and Fairchild Summits as well as M magazine.
RevoLaze and TechnoLines filed the complaint against 17 well-known denim brands and retailers, alleging they have violated a section under U.S. trade law.
- Selfridges Robbers Sentenced in London
- Ralph Lauren Wins Counterfeit Case in Italy
- Louis Vuitton Not Yet Responded to Suit by Luxury-Sneaker Maker
- NRF, Boscov's Seek Supreme Court Hearing on Swipe Fees
- Peter Nygard Faces Legal Claim From Louis Bacon, Environmental Group
- Kering-Alibaba Latest Fakes Case
Meanwhile, prices for women’s apparel fell 1.3 percent, according to the Labor Department’s Consumer Price Index.
The survey provided recommendations to retailers on how to best leverage consumer behavior from digital coupons to cross-selling in the physical store.
The company said updated guidance does not include an estimate of future data breach-related expenses.
More than 1,100 domains with the new domain extension have been registered in just two months, including more than 600 luxury brands.
Week in Review: 08/16/2014
WWD highlights the 10 must-read stories of the week.
With sweeping transformation hitting the area, retailing is gaining promise and getting pricier.