- Week in Review: 08/30/2014 Aug 30, 2014 Saturday
- J.C. Penney Opens Brooklyn Store Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- S&P Downgrades American Apparel Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- Sarah Rutson Exits Lane Crawford Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- Gap Files Report on Myanmar Factories Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- Wanda Sets China E-commerce Venture Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- Macy's New Bronx Store: Localization in Action Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- JustFab Raises $85 Million in Funding Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- A&F Changes Strategy as Logos Lose Allure Aug 29, 2014 Friday
- Kenzo Takes Over Printemps in Paris Aug 29, 2014 Friday
Macy's New Bronx Store: Localization in Action
The retailer this month opened a three-level, 160,000-square-foot store in the Mall at Bay Plaza in Baychester, at the foot of Co-op City.
Sarah Rutson Exits Lane Crawford
The fashion director had a 21-year career at the Hong Kong retailer.
Abercrombie & Fitch revealed Thursday it is moving away from the logo business, and will eventually exit the category entirely in its North American stores.
Corporate credit rating moved to “CCC-minus” from “CCC.”
Chanel Coming to London's Burlington Arcade
The covered parade of shops that runs between Piccadilly and Bond Street will soon play host to a string of Chanel-owned labels.
Week in Review: 08/30/2014
WWD highlights the 10 must-read stories of the week.
J.C. Penney Opens Brooklyn Store
The private brands and price promoting are back in force, but J.C. Penney is moving forward, not in reverse, according to its ceo Myron “Mike” Ullman.
In a regulatory filing, Lion Capital said it had designated Robert Mintz to the American Apparel board on Tuesday.
Barbie-Inspired Line to Launch This Fall
Mattel Inc. is collaborating with Lord & Taylor, Forever 21 and Los Angeles-based contemporary label Wildfox on the collections.
JustFab Raises $85 Million in Funding
Funds will enable the fashion and accessories e-commerce company’s expansion in Western Europe.
Two firms focusing on growing core brands as they look to capitalize on rising sales with improving consumer sentiment.